Monday 30 June 2014

How to make healthy sweet potato porridge.

sweet potato porridge for my son
Let me start by saying that sweet potato is a very healthy food for all ages, as it is very high in vitamin B6 and contains iron too.

How to make sweet potato porridge with veggies:
Let me run you through a recipe that I have come to love. It quite easy to prepare and it is a meal you can make every other day for your home. It is absolutely delicious, my son loves this meal, he eats it at least once in two days. I have listed the ingredients below.


Ingredients:

sweet potato (3 small tubers of sweet potato)
1 big carrot 
1 small green pepper
spring onions
1 small onions
green beans (a handful)
vegetable oil
dry pepper
knorr cube 
salt

Before you get started.
Wash your sweet potato, peel and cut into small chunks, place in the pot, add a cup of water, add salt according to your taste, knorr cube, dry pepper and your green beans. Leave to boil till it cooks.
While it is boiling, cut your green pepper, carrot, spring onions and onions.
veggies
Now stir fry your cut veggies in about 2tbsp of olive oil for 2mins. Once your potato is cooked, pour your veggies into the pot with the potatoes and stir the content together and you are done. Your sweet potato porridge is ready.
Moving forward, I make enough to last my son for at least 3 nights and store in the freezer. 

Note: before feeding this to a baby less that a year old, please mash it completely so there are no chunks of carrot to avoid choking.

Have fun trying it.

If you have any recipe for kids that you would like to share with the 9jababy blog community, please send to my email ejiroogboghodor@gmail.com
We would love to see some of those yummy recipes.






6 comments:

  1. Jennifer Anagbado30 June 2014 at 13:49

    kids love this meal! its very easy to cook, they are always attracted to the different colors the veggies presents. simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanks for sharing. Yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...... will try this for my girl! Thnx for sharing ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so good. I'm sure goin to try it for myself as i ve no kid yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy would definately try it for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. Copied.

    ReplyDelete