Saturday 28 June 2014

The pregnancy urge to clean.

I can't stand an untidy and dirty environment. I have an obsession for cleaning and it got worse while I was pregnant and this "temporary insanity" is call The Nesting Instinct

Many pregnant folks experience this nesting instinct. Some may describe it as an irresistible urge to prepare the home for the baby by obsessively cleaning and decorating every square inch of space in sight...just kidding.

 On a more serious note, I observed that it peaks in the third trimester as the birth of the baby draws near, you may find yourself cleaning cupboards or washing walls — things you never would have imagined doing in your ninth month of pregnancy! On the positive side, this desire to prepare your home can be useful because it will give you more time to recover and nurture your baby after the birth. But be careful not to overdo it.


2 comments:

  1. In my 8th and 9th month of preggy I was jst too busy preparing my baby's room.... it got to a point my doc told me that I was over stressing myself too much. For me, it was funny all d way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely helps when you have done most of your arrangement before your little one arrives.

    ReplyDelete