Monday 4 August 2014

Force-feeding a child


As a mom, It can be really frustrating, energy draining and emotional for us when our kids refuses to eat or are picky eaters but should we force-feed our kids?  

  Introducing solids to my son after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding was war on its own. I got so frustrated that I found myself force-feeding him, I had to do some online research on the topic and also talk to an older aunty and a mother, who finally warned against force-feeding.


 There are some acts that our mothers and grandmothers did which should be left behind. I don't think any child should be forced to eat. Find out what he/she likes and make meal times a fun time by singing and dancing and your child will look forward to meal times. Be persistent: do it at every meal time. This I do for my baby, though he can still be tough sometimes but he is a better eater now than he used to be. Also note that this kids will eat when hungry, they won't starve themselves. Of course babies will eat less when teething and when ill.
Goodluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment